Thursday 2 October 2014

WARD 32, WEEK 8



My hands are one short of a soccer team.
My feet make five-a-side.


I rise by pushing off my left hand.
I descend by leading with my palms.


Hand rails, hand holds, furniture grips
Are the resolute friends on which I depend.


My right foot bears weight on the heel.
My left bears all else. Sinisterly.


Salts in my blood grow testy.
My kidneys struggle to pass their molecular bulk.


Sugar in my blood oscillates.
I measure, conclude frailly and dose.


The medics mull, ponder and prescribe.
The nurses test, cajole and care.

I wallow, wait and fret.

Will I ever see home again?

2 comments:

  1. Thinking of you Dave. Get well soon!! From Amy and all in waterford

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep I like that and have it all to look forward to.
    What a wonderful world

    ReplyDelete